Monday 14 April 2014

Secrets to French Style: La Redoute

When it comes to Fashion and style, none do it better than the French women! French women have captivated the fashion scene for decades. Names like Birkin, Bardot, Deneuve and Huppert are only a few fashion icons worth mentioning here. And let us not forget about the Queen of French style Coco Chanel, who redesigned the modern woman! Indeed, when she said:
 'Fashion fades, only style remains the same', she surely was not mistaken. 

This month, I have teamed up with La Redoute to show you my style tips and how I enforce the French style. It's is my absolute favorite of them all, hence the plans of living in Paris in the future! French women always seem to look effortlessly chic while remaining timeless. So, here is my take on the French style. But instead of just giving you 1 style tip, I thought I would show you 4 tips to achieve the French style. I hope you can feel inspired to channel your inner Parisian ego by my 4 key looks. 

Do you want to look as chic as the French women? Then make sure to further check out La Redoute's beautiful page Secrets to French Style! You can not only get more ideas on how to achieve this look but immediately shop the style too on there. It surely does take a little planning to recreate the chic and elegant French style. 

Look 1: The Breton Stripes

No one can look or feel more French, than when wearing Breton stripes. They are the epitome of the French style and were made popular by the Queen herself, Coco Chanel! The Breton stripe shirt is the perfect low-key piece but can most definitely be dressed up too. I mixed mine with a bold pink flared skirt and patent lather heels for a date night (or day) look! Pair it with a denim and flats and your good to go for a casual yet chic look.


Look 2: The white shirt

A crisp white shirt is indeed  a classic! It's a staple piece in every girl's wardrobe and if you don't have one yet, NOW is the time to purchase one! A white shirt is so versatile, it can be paired with literally everything and will complement any outfit no matter the occasion. I styled my white shirt with a ripped denim to create that 'rock chic' style while following the French style rules! Add a pop of color if you feel like it by choosing the right accessories and you're good to go!

Look 3: The trench & Fedora

Do I even have to tell you about owning a trench? It's a MUST! French women wear them over dresses, knitwear and denim combos, at day and at night. Hats and trenches are a match made in heaven. It's just that masculine touch given by adding a hat, which French women are also famous for. I am such a fan of a well fitted beige trench coat, that look as if you've had them tailored! Trench coats simply make you look and feel so French and chic as soon as you put them on. They dress up every outfit even if you are having a more laid-back, casual day! Plus they are the perfect transition jacket when Spring arrives. With a Trench you will instantly look sophisticated, and as a matter of fact, as if you have made the effort while being effortless - get what I mean? 

Look 4: Ballerina Pumps

Ballerina pumps are timeless and come in the most diverse styles! If you want to change from wearing heels all the time and give your feet a break, ballerina pumps are the most chic solution. Louboutin, Saint-Laurent and Charlotte Olympia show how it's done. Wear your ballerina pumps with some knitwear and a hat for the perfect very French laid-back look. Oh, and don't forget about a classic coat for those chilly days.

I hope you liked these 4 key looks of the ever so chic French style - and are inspired yet ready to channel your inner Parisian! Which of the above is your favourite outfit? 

Au plaisir!


Share:

18 comments

  1. Love every piece of clothing you chose ^_^ I like La Redoute, I have some cool mustard socks from there and a dress that looks like a picnic tablecloth :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much! Yes they do have amazing pieces in their online shop :)

      Delete
  2. This is such a well written post and you are right, the french really know how to dress! I can't believe, I still don't own a trench coat haha xx

    chrissabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment! Hehe Get one NOW :D

      Delete
  3. Very good post Minnie!
    I really want that royal blue clutch, would look amazing with the Breton stripes as well :)
    xo Lyn
    www.blondebutterflies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! It would look stunning with the stripes too! Thanks for the sweet comment hun :)

      Delete
  4. I love the second look. A classic white shirt will never ditch you, isn't it?
    Loved your blog. If you want we can follow each other
    via GFC & Bloglovin.
    Let me know!

    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! Indeed a white shirt is such a staple piece and will never disappoint! :)

      Delete
  5. I like your blog :) Nice post :) If you want we can follow each other on the GFC, FB and Bloglovin :)

    Check my newest post: http://siempreeverything.blogspot.com.es/2014/04/jungle-printed-pants.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ingrid! I'm glad you like my blog. I'll definitely pop by your blog too :?

      Delete
  6. what a great post girl. I really enjoyed it. La redoute have so many great pieces.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much hun! And yes they do :) I love their pieces xx

      Delete
  7. Great tips dear! I love especially Breton stripes!
    Baci,
    Coco
    Coco et La vie en rose / Bloglovin / Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear! I'm glad you enjoyed the tips :) And the Breton stripes are my favourite too xx

      Delete
  8. I love this post. You look beautiful and your skin looks flawless. What foundation do you use?

    Beth x
    TheBritishGirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much hun :)
      I use the LancĂ´me foundation Teint Idole Ultra 24h. It's my favourite xx

      Delete
  9. It always makes me smile to see how popular we froggies are in terms of style! I do love La Redoute, they've been there for as long as I can remember and they have great stuff (and don't tell anyone, but I think that the Scandinavians are the most stylish at the moment!)
    Mafalda ❤
    http://mafaldadotzero.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yes the Scandinavians are stylish too but on another level :D I love the French for being so classy and effortless!

      Delete

© Minnie Knows | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig