Tuesday 26 February 2013

LFW: ORLA KIELY

Orla Kiely. When I entered the rooms of the Lester Elms Gallery I was taken back in time. A time where typing writers and corded telephones were common.The 50's/60's I suppose were the theme of the new Orla Kiely collection this season. The movie 'Catch me if you can' popped up in my head when I observed the adorable show set. Not only because I adore Leonardo DiCaprio guys...really! The presentation and retro show space was actually based on the movie 'The best of everything' - but I was close right? I covered the presentation for the lovely guys of Stylight.co.uk. I loved the bright colors the collection revolved around. Made me believe that Spring or Summer are not too far away now!The collection overall was too girly for my liking, but I really enjoyed the very original presentation. Models walking around in an office, typing, phoning, chatting - work atmosphere as you would imagine in the 50's including a catwalk from time to time! If that is not original then what is? All in all, a great experience. I met amazing people, got to chat with the sweetest Model I've met so far, not that I have met loads but still was nice to speak about the collection with one who actually presented it.


Orla Kiely. Als ich die Räumlichkeiten der Lester Elms Gallery betrat wurde ich in die Zeit zürück versetzt in der Schreibmaschinen und Schnurtelefone üblich waren. Die 50er/60er waren das Thema der neuen Orla Kiely Kollektion diese Saison. Ich musste sofort an den Film 'Catch me if you can' denken als ich die ersten Models sah, und das nicht nur weil ich Leonardo DiCaprio toll finde...wirklich! Ich habe die Präsentation für die tollen Mädels von Stylight.co.uk besucht. Die Präsentation und der sehr retro inspirierte Schauplatz basierte in Wirklichkeit auf dem Film 'The best of everything' - aber ich war nah dran oder? Mir haben die Farben sehr gut gefallen, sie erinnerten mich daran das Frühling und auch Sommer nicht mehr weit weg ist. Die gesamte Kollektion war aber zu girly für mich. Dennoch mochte ich die sehr originelle Präsentation. Die Models liefen in einem Büro herum, tippten, telefonierten, unterhielten sich - ein Arbeitsleben wie man es sich in den 50ern vorstellt. Dazu dann noch ein Catwalk. Also wenn das nicht originell, was dann? Alles in allem, ein tolles Erlebnis. Ich habe einen Haufen interessanter Leute getroffen, und mich außerdem mit dem nettesten Model bisher unterhalten. Nicht das ich bis jetzt so viele persönlich getroffen hätte, aber es war schön sich mit jemanden über die Kollektion zu unterhalten, der aktiv an der Präsentation beteiligt war.




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Minnie Knows | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig