Friday 1 January 2016

Best of 2015

The past year has been both exciting and challenging. I met some inspiring people, attended fun events and worked really hard to achieve all my goals. Like everyone else I had some lows but I didn't waste too much time contemplating on the disappointments but rather worked even harder to get better and better. So here's a recap on my year with the best moments, including amazing projects, cool people I met and travels I did. I hope you enjoy! :)

DE: Das Jahr 2015 war ein sehr aufregendes Jahr für meinen Blog und gleichzeitig eine kleine Herausforderung. Ich habe viele kreative Menschen kennengelernt, war auf tollen Events und habe sehr hart dafür gearbeitet meine Ziele zu erreichen. Wie auch bei jedem anderen gab es einige Enttäuschungen. Doch habe ich immer versucht nicht davon nicht runterziehen zu lassen, sondern noch härter zu arbeiten, damit es in der Zukunft zu gewünschten Kooperationen kommt. Daher gibt es jetzt einen Jahresrückblick mit den besten Momenten des Jahres 2015. Ich hoffe ihr habt Spaß beim Durchklicken! :)

JANUARY
January was Fashion Week time, but I decided to lay low and not attend any shows. I must admit I enjoy LFW much more anyway. Berlin fashion Week isn't really as exciting. But what I did get to do was attending some nice events. My absolute favorite was the Blogger Bazaar Loft where us bloggers again got to stop by and chill out with the lovely ladies behind the brand and meet some old friends or make new ones. Food was delicious, I got styled by professionals and checked out some great brands like Filippa K and Zign to possibly work with. I also met the lovely Vanessa from  Midnight Couture for the first time who I got to shoot some blog photos the following months.

FEBRUARY
In February I flew out to Düsseldorf for the blog. I was invited by Styleranking  to attend the GDS (Global Destination for Shoe & Accessories)  and work as a stylist during the event. I was assigned the shoe brand Sebago to style five outfits around. Together with four other bloggers we took part in a runway show and were also interviewed afterwards. Check the whole event here! The trip to Dusseldorf was my very first one I got to do for the blog but sure not the last one. 


MARCH
The next travel came up in March when a few of my friends and I drove to Prague. Thee we spent a lovely weekend exploring the city, eating delicious food and just enjoy each others company. I ´t was my second time visiting the city. Prague is among my favorite european cities. I love the old buildings and all the history, plus it's so close to drive to with the car and perfect for a short weekend getaway!

APRIL
In this month we introduced the menswear category to Minnie Knows. Doing so we immediately got to work with two great brand we personally stand behind. We collaborated with Gant and s.Oliver . Chris showed you how to style some summer favorites. If you haven't seen the articles yet check them out here and here. We aim to publish even more menswear posts this year and can't wait for your feedback!

MAY
After a flying visit to London I took a plane to the beautiful island Fuerteventura. I was invited by Styleranking again for super fun blogger trip. Apart from enjoying the sunny weather and eating delicious local food, we shot some looks for different brands with the very talented Lina Zangers. I also met some of my favorite german bloggers like Leonie and Farina for the every first time. We spent a great week on the island which was definitely one of the best highlights of 2015.

JUNE
This month meant even more traveling. We spent our summer vacation in Croatia. It was my first time traveling to Croatia and I was seriously overwhelmed by the beauty of this country. I flew out to Split where I stayed for a few days and instantly fell in love with the city. I resided at the Divotaa beautiful Hotel located in the old town of Split. I could have easily stayed another week or two but I had to meet up with my friends to travel further south. We drove to the island of Rab where we camped for another few days before heading back to Germany for a music festival. This month was especially special to me because I got together with my boyfriend in Rab. That's why I love this country even more. 

JULY
July meant Fashion Week again which can be fun but also super stressful. I again stayed away from the tent and made room for many events and socializing offline. My highlight was definitely the Sundowner Poolparty hosted by the Cover PR girls. I had a blast drinking champagne, talking to creative people and connecting to some of my favorite influencers. It was really nice to just chill and actually get to talk to people.

AUGUST
I had a great summer in Berlin and one highlight was meeting my dear Caro via Instagram whom I got to shoot someone lovely projects. Among my favorites that month were two looks we shot in collaboration with Edited.de on of my favorite online shops. I showcased the 70's look for the first time and also rocked a beautiful black lace number. How did you like the looks? :)

SEPTEMBER
Chris and I shot are favorite campaign of the whole year in collaboration with our lovely team at Gant. For the Diamond G Shirt campaign we got to interpret the iconic white cotton shirt our way. We created the very first couple visuals for the blog then. Caro did a great job photographing us both separately and together. How did you like our interpretation of the shirt?

OCTOBER
As many of you know autumn is my second favorite season of the year. I shared my autumn must haves in collaboration with s.Oliver. We were super happy to get the chance to work with s.Oliver again and we look forward to many more projects with them this year. These images were shot by the lovely duo behind Apricotberlin, Jess and Tiago. I feel like Instagram has made meeting so many creatives who've helped me create great content for Minnie Knows and I am so thankful for that.

NOVEMBER
Another month, another great person met via Instagram. Truth is we Jacky and I met a month ago at an event during Berlin Fashion Week. Still we just really got to speak when we met up for coffee in Mitte. Jacky has since taken most of my photography for Minnie Knows that month including projects for Topshop  here and here & Hallhuber. I love Jackys aesthetics and  her sense of style. She's an amazing photographer and has become a great friend in such short time. I can't wait to shoot even more visuals with her in 2016. 

DECEMBER
The final month of 2015 head al to of work to offer which is always a good sign. We published our last menswear post for the year in collaboration with our favorite brand Gant. Another great brand we shot a project for was Hallhuber. I wore the most fluffy and cosy coat in dusty pink and a beautiful leather bag which I can't put away ever since. Other brands we created creative content for during the final phase of 2015 were Kapten&Son, Cotton USA and Daniel Wellington. We need the year with a new blog layout which I love. How do you like the new look go Minnie Knows? We are so thankful for all the opportunities we got and really look forward to make even more happen this year!
2015 was indeed a great year. We strive to work even harder this year and achieve everything we dream of. Thank you everyone for your support it really means everything to me. The best feedback we can get is hearing your thoughts on our visuals, stories and style. Thanks for an amazing year, all the love and tremendous support. Let's make 2016 even more successful. I'm really excited for what's to come. To new adventures, great travels, new friends and happiness in whatever we all do. Have a great start to a new year loves!
Share:

2 comments

  1. i love these photos,and they are so beautiful. I love your post. Thanks very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your feedback and support! <3

      Delete

© Minnie Knows | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig