Saturday 9 January 2016

Resolutions 2016

The end of the first working week in 2016 calls for a different kind of article, namely sharing my 2016 resolutions. To be honest I've never had resolutions really. I mean I already know I should do more sports, eat healthier and so on but never have I ever consciously made that a resolution. Now's the time. I'm sharing my 5 resolutions for 2016. 

DE: Die erste Arbeitswoche im neuen Jahr ist schon vorüber, daher wird es auf dem Blog Zeit, für einen Beitrag über meine Vorsätze. Ehrlich gesagt habe ich bisher nie irgendwelche Vorsätze gehabt. Immerhin weiß ich bereits, dass ich aktiver sein sollte und mich gesünder ernähren sollte. Dieses Jahr habe ich jedoch einige und daher gibt es heute, meine 5 Vorsätze für das Jahr 2016.

1. BE HEALTHY
With a very special trip coming up in less than 6 months I need to get back into my workout routine asap. When I lived in London I used to jog 3 times a week and do a 10-minute home workout on the daily. But ever since I moved back to Berlin, exercising has become more of a legend. 2016 though will be the year of exploring foreign sunny places, laying on various beaches and enjoying hot climate, therefore I really need to be in shape. This of course also includes a healthy nutrition. I've been having way too many sweets and a lot of fast food lately. Not good. This really needs to change. I'll keep you posted on how this resolution is going. I can already tell you one thing, it's going to be the hardest one for me to fulfill.

2. GET ORGANIZED
Since I'm blogging full-time at the moment and I'd like to keep it that way, I really need to step up my game in terms of organization, especially of the blog. I've already gotten better by actually having to -do lists with the most important duties for the week. I actually started doing this last year and will strive to keep it up. Next thing for me now is to develop a good routine of managing myself and actually getting all my to-do's done in time. I'm off to a good start I guess.   

3. SAVE UP
This resolution is probably important for anyone, anytime but especially for all my fellow freelancers working for themselves. As a freelancer you pay literally everything yourself from the smallest office  products (and the actual office) to all different kinds of insurances. So even when times are really good and you're earning a lot of money it's wise to think for bad days financially. I'm really not good at saving which isn't my best trait. But hey, 2016 is the year this is going to change. I've already put together a plan so have a better overview of my finances. 

4. PLAN LESS, DO MORE
Do you ever feel like you're too over cautious and spend more time on planning stuff than actually doing them? Well, I have to raise my hand here. Whether it's lunch dates, meetings or travels I need to do more and plan less. I need to be in the moment as supposed to be the crazy lady that plans every little detail. You enjoy yourself way less because you're exhausted of taking care of everything. So 2016 is the year of doing less, be in the moment and play less. This resolution also includes  to stop documenting everything I experience. As a blogger that's really difficult to do because you kind of live of sharing your life with your readers. Nevertheless I need to make room for private an more intimate happenings that I will keep for myself and I need to enjoy the moment while it happens.  Life is probably much more fun that way, no? 

5. TRAVEL MORE
This one is a no brainer for very wanderluster out there. The say to travel is tp live and I 100 percent live by that principle. I've been to Fuerteventura, Portugal (Lisbon), Finland (Helsinki), Sweden (Stockholm), Uganda (multiple places), Kenya, Croatia (Split & Rab), Italy and France (Paris, Nice, Cannes). It's always been the most thrilling feeling to touch down a new country. Exploring a new place is probably the most exciting thing ever, at least for me. So this year I'm okaying on seeing even more of the world. A few trips are already planned but the year is long. An so is my bucket list for travel destinations. So 2016 will be all about new wandering the world with my family, great friends and of course my love. Traveling really is the only thing you can buy that makes you richer. So, to new adventures guys!

What are your resolutions for 2016? I'd love to hear them in the comment section. I hope you have an amazing Saturday!

Photos via Pinterest, Apricotberlin, FashionMeNow, Wethepeoplestlye

Share:

7 comments

  1. Beautiful post :D Great plans for this year and great pictures :)I wish you All the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! I hope I can live up to them hehe

      Delete
  2. Oh ja, ich kenne dieses Gefühl im Bezug auf Sport. Man nimmt sich immer viel vor und setzt es nie um. Ich wünsche dir deshalb um so mehr alles alles Gute und viel Erfolg. LG Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke Haha hoffentlich schaffe ich das! :D

      Delete
  3. That's cool. I like your jars with money for the adventures you've planned. I'll make something like that too.

    ReplyDelete

© Minnie Knows | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig